Re: introduction

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 00:29:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Martin Stransky wrote:

> I'm new maintainer of squid package for distributions which are released by
> Red Hat (RHEL/Fedora) and so I'm interested in everything about squid
> development, of course.

Welcome to squid-dev.

> I'm not sure if I can help you directly with squid development, squid is a
> large package and my primary job is integrating squid into our distros, but I
> hope my contribution for end users will be as valuable as programming the
> latest&greatest versions.

As I see it your tasks for the Squid project would be

   - Relay relevant bug reports between RedHat and Squid Bugzilla.

   - Maintain the RH Squid packages. While doing this please note our
informal patch policy printed at the top of the patches page. This policy
basically boils down to that you should be very restrictive about using
patches to the current stable Squid version even if published. When in
doubt ask.

   - When you can, fix bugs reported by your users and send us the
resulting patch in your bug report.