Re: CRT fd limitation in Squid NT port

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 00:00:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:

> I think that changes should be deeper: My opinion is that we should remove
> any direct reference to FD concept creating a virtualized interface between
> Squid and the OS.
> And this isn't a so simple thing to do ... :-(

Not so sure if it is a hard thing. But it sure is a deep going change
touching almost every source file and most functions in one way or
another..

It can easily be done in steps by starting by wrapping "file descriptor"
into a custom class and changing all the I/O calls into using methods on
this object. This gives a good view of the impact and what areas is badly
designed.