Re: CRT fd limitation in Squid NT port

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 23:56:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Andrey Shorin wrote:

> We could implement a class, say, FileDescriptor. Then we derive FDfile,
> FDtcp, FDpipe & FDudp from it (or whatever fd kind is needed).
> FileDescriptor class should have pure virtual methods for write,
> read, open, connect etc. Then we have functions like

This has been proposed several times, just that nobody has done it yet.
You are welcome to give it a stab if you please. I would suggest starting
by abstracting "file descriptor" into a custom class (IOHandle or
similar), and when this is completed start to separate the types of
filedescriptors (sockets vs files) from each other where needed.