RE: About SQUID and SNMP TRAPS , and snmp in general

From: Lombao, Cesar <cesar.lombao@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:57:13 +0200

I was taking a look on the source code, and, besides the functions
provided by the UCM snmp library, I don't see any other code to send
traps.
In fact, I'm still trying to understand how this library and the
snmp_core.cc and snmp_agent.cc modules work together.

To send a trap is something, in theory, trivial. Open a dgram socket,
and send the info to the trapsink.
The point is not that, the point is all the details surronding that:

MIB:
 Needs to be defined in the MIB the traps sent.

TRAPS:
 Needs to be defined wich traps be sent. (When special errors happen?
when MIB updated? )

CONFIGURATION:
If SQUID uses its own snmp agent, then is needed to add a confguation
line to set the trapsink destianation for the traps sent.

And of course, all the time I was talking about SNMPv1 only ;-)