Re: Opinion on some open bugs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:45:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:

> Just installed now, and problem is still here ... :-(
>
> I like to know what happens on Solaris 10, where ipfilter is bundled into.

Probably the same thing.

the fault is imho at Squid, not Solaris/IP-Filter. The trouble is/was
caused by the following:

#define free +

etc in squid.h to block misuse of standard malloc routines where the Squid
versions should be used. This pollutes the C/C++ token namespace crashing
any structures or classes having members of the same names.

> After fixing as proposed, ipfilter builds and installs fine, but Squid 3
> broke on this patch that allow it to build without the headers fixing:
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/squid3/include/config.h.diff?r1=1.10&r2=1.11&f=h

This is about something else than the original IP-Filter build problem..

> Backing out this, Squid 3 build fine with both ARP and ipfilter support.

Interesting.

seems things have changed considerably since I looked at the original
problem report some years ago.