Re: Opinion on some open bugs

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:12:36 +0200

Hi Henrik,

At 23.52 10/07/2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:
>
>>- #199: for me could be closed: current version of Squid 2.5 and
>>3.0 build fine on Solaris x86 with ARP acls enabled.
>
>Do you have IP-Filter installed? --enable-ipf-transparent is
>required for the problem to arise.

No.

Just installed now, and problem is still here ... :-(

I like to know what happens on Solaris 10, where ipfilter is bundled into.

>The correct fix is in theory not very hard, but requires a bit of
>juggling around with how we manage include files to never include
>system headers after squid.h. However, there is some complications
>due to the FD_SETSIZE overriding which is also done in squid.h and
>needs to be done before the include of system headers.. Because of
>this I didn't want to attemt fixing this in 2.5.

Things on Solaris seems to be more complex:

I had this problem building ipfilter on my Solaris 9 x86:
http://www.phildev.net/ipf/IPFsolaris.html#solaris19

After fixing as proposed, ipfilter builds and installs fine, but
Squid 3 broke on this patch that allow it to build without the headers fixing:

http://www.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/squid3/include/config.h.diff?r1=1.10&r2=1.11&f=h

Backing out this, Squid 3 build fine with both ARP and ipfilter support.

But now I'm a little confused: it seems that gcc on Solaris (x86 only
?) is very unstable, so I like to understand what Solaris x86
reference platform should we use for Squid development.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/