Re: LogHelpers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:20:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Matthew Smith wrote:

> The issue I am having, is that comm_write occasionally throws the following
> debug message into the cache.log:
> fd_table[31].rwstate != NULL

You get this if you schedule yet another write before the first has
completed.

> The redirector and acl helpers get around this by using multiple helpers and a
> request queue (this is a bit of a guess), but I wish to have only one
> loghelper if I can help it. Is there a way I can set up my loghelper to
> prevent this from occurring?

This is changed for normal helpers in Squid-3 (and the cerberian branch of
2.5) adding a write queue to the helpers, allowing multiple requests to be
scheduled to the same helper automatically queueing them if a write is
currently active. Normally only used when the concurrency level of the
helper is > 1, but the low level support is there always if you use
helperDispatch() to send the data to the helper.

If you have implemented your own helper style channel ontop of the raw ipc
channel then you may need to implement something similar to what is done
there. (see helperDispatch and helperDispatchWriteDone).