Dynamic pages and web caches

From: Leandro Scott R.Z. Jacques <lsrzj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 04:22:37 -0700 (PDT)

First I'd like to thank all the community about my
acceptance and thank you for your attention henrik.

Well, I already made a research in this area and saw
lots of propositions, some in the server side, others
on the web cache side and a few on the client side. I
begun this research some weeks ago and I saw it's an
interesting area to work on. I don't know exactly how
squid deals with dynamic content pages, so I'll need
some help. As I read in an article entitled "Enforcing
direct communications between clients and Web servers
to improve proxy performance and security" it seems
that squid deals with dynamic content as it deals with
static ones. My interest is to change this behaviour
in squid and make it deal with that kind of content in
a different way to try to make the performance better
reducing some overheads. But to do this I'll have to
alter the squid's source code, but I have never worked
with squid's source before and when I opened it, I
couldn't have idea about what function does what, how
is it doing what it's supposed to do, what means each
parameter in the functions, etc... So I'll need
squid's "flow diagram"(don't know if it's the correct
expression) to make it possible for me to track what
is squid's execution sequence and as many
documentation as possible to help me understand how
squid works. Where will I find it?

Regards,
    Leandro Scott R. Z. Jacques