Re: [Subscription] Contribution

From: Nicolas Harounen <niccos.squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:19:15 +0200

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> Welcome, Nicolas! There is an active ICAP development on squid3-icap
> branch. The goal is to have a fully-functional ICAP client capability in
> Squid3. Precache REQMOD basics are already working. And we would love to
> have a good test suite.

Thank you for the welcome,

I didn't know that was an ICAP development on the squid3 branch, I just
worked with the squid 2.5 version, shame on me.

> Can you detail your testing plans, please? We have a protocol testing
> framework(http://coad.measurement-factory.com/) that has an ICAP server
> test suite and an HTTP proxy test suite, but no ICAP client test suite
> yet. Perhaps we can collaborate?

In fact, my testing plans are very "poor" for the moment, it's only a
perl script, which works with the icap server from the i-cap forum (I
only found this.), and with the 2.5 version of squid patched with the
icap client.

It makes some requests and just make a diff with a result. I've just
finished the first version of the script, I have to write tests now.

I will modify it in order to use the squid3 branch now, and next, write
tests. I post on the mailing the work, when the modification for the
squid3 branch is done. (I think in 2 or 3 days max).

I hope I will be able to collaborate with the squid dev team.

--
Nicolas Harounen