Re: Tidying up the deferred reads

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:56:17 +0800

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> >I'd like some feedback please. If it works out my plan is to
> >replace the FTP, WAIS and Gopher (eww) code with this.
> >The SSL code will need a little more thought as it doesn't pass
> >through fwdCheckDeferRead() like the others.
>
> The CONNECT tunnel code is pretty isolated from everything else. The defer
> function in there is only used for delay pools, and can be moved inline to
> sslSetSelect() instead I think.
>
> How do you handle delay pools for the other protocols without deferred
> reads?

I'm not entirely sure yet, but I have a feeling the timed deferred read
stuff I've implemented to replace the client side defer code (for
half closed connections, but really its just a delayed read IO handler
schduler and can be used in other places) will check after each store
write/client read whether enough data is available in the bucket and,
if so, schedule a server read. A delay of 1 second can be used just to make
sure the thing is re-checked every second.

So for now its not handled in the server side but I do think my idea
will work. :)

(Thanks to Steve's branch for a hint or two on what to do..)

Adrian