Re: How squid caches some things

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 05:10:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:

> Well. If "client explicitly forbids the cache to be used to server this
> request." then why we have TCP_REFRESH_HIT for this request ?

Right.. you changed something between your two logs (in your first message
all requests was CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS).

You only get TCP_REFRESH_HIT on a "Pragma: no-cache" request if you use
any of the reload into IMS overrides in Squid.conf.

TCP_REFRESH_HIT indicates the cached copy was either stale, or reload into
IMS was used forcing just a cache revalidation on "Pragma: no-cache".