Re: How squid caches some things

From: Evgeny Kotsuba <evgen__k@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:24:22 +0400

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 05:10:19 +0200 (CEST)
  Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:
>
>> Well. If "client explicitly forbids the cache to be used to server
>>this
>> request." then why we have TCP_REFRESH_HIT for this request ?
>
> Right.. you changed something between your two logs (in your first
>message all requests was CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS).
>
> You only get TCP_REFRESH_HIT on a "Pragma: no-cache" request if you
>use any of the reload into IMS overrides in Squid.conf.

yes, I put
refresh_pattern -i ^http: 1440 80% 20160 reload-into-ims

> TCP_REFRESH_HIT indicates the cached copy was either stale, or
>reload into IMS was used forcing just a cache revalidation on
>"Pragma: no-cache".

Then what else I should put in config to do what I want ?

PS: thouse kubok.yandex.ru url is now changed to <meta
HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="300;
PPS: I seems that I was wrong - DNS is asked after redirector as
minimum for not-crazy-urls

SY,
Evgeny Kotsuba