Re: I need a tool to analyse squid's access.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 01:20:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:

> my %hits = ('TCP_HIT' => 1,
> 'TCP_REFRESH_HIT' => 1,
>
> TCP_REFRESH_HIT is thing that had bytes to be downloaded from the origin
> server due to not misses, but good or wrong will of the origin server

???

A TCP_REFRESH_HIT had a very small 304 response sent by the server, and
the
actual content sent from cache.

To get the statistics fully correct about 100 bytes or so should be added
to the cache miss byte statistics for each TCP_REFRESH_HIT, with the
TCP_REFRESH_HIT as such counted as a cache hit.