RE: ipv6 status

From: Rafael Martinez Torres <rafael.martinez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:02:06 +0200

>Probably the old/stale Squid-2.5 ipv6 branch at devel.squid-cache.org.
>Hasn't had an active maintainer in some time however..

Yes, it is no longer maintained, as Squid-2.X was not expected to include
it.

>There is an ongoing effort to add ipv6 to Squid-3. it is work in progress
>and I am not sure how much of what you ask for is working today. Also
>found on devel.squid-cache.org.

The reference is modulo "squid3" branch "squid3-ipv6". At least it is
operative but in a reserved context: IPv6-only scenario. This means if you
want to set up a Squid3 comptaible for both IPv6 and IPv4, you have to setup
two "daemons" separately, one for IPv6, and one for IPv4. Of course, this
must be arranged.

Last tests were run on July-2005 over an IPv6 network, and results and
examples of config files can be found on
http://www.ngn.euro6ix.org/IPv6/squid3

Read following message to see future work on this branch.