Re: IPv6 STATUS - Detailed RFC's...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:14:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Rafael Martinez Torres wrote:

> By the way, I suggest that Squid3 should be available on bosex
> implementing IPv6-API, (almost everyone do).

Did you mean boxes/OS:es in the above?

> The user will declare after if it wants to enable IPv6, because it has
> connectivity, or just only IPv4. The RFC493 "protocol independent" allows
> that under the same code... Hence IPv6-API implemented should be a
> requirement. Not so the optional compilation mode...

Yes, as long as the compile environment supports IPv6, and the resulting
code can also run on an IPv4 only host without an IPv6 kernel.

But imho we still need to support IPv4 only environments, including where
the compile environment is not capable of compiling IPv6 specific code.
But it's not a hard opinion.