Re: SPNEGO questions

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:11:19 +0200

Hi Henrik,

At 23.00 19/10/2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>>Downloaded, compiled, and joined to the domain.
>
>Good.

I have discovered that the machine account in the domain is not
created correctly: the SPNs HOST/machine and HOST/machine.fqdn are
not created. They are needed from the Kerberos KDC for the token distribution.
So I have added manually the SPNs to the machine account.

>>But i like to do some test to verify is the basic membership is
>>working, but ....
>>- many configuration directive in smb.conf are changed
>>- swat doesn't work
>>- I can't find any documentation about Samba 4 smb.conf
>
>You shouldn't need much config at all for just authentication via winbind.
>
>It's probably best tested with ntlm_auth in it's different modes.

Probably true. But I like to be sure that my Samba 4 interacts
correctly with AD using Kerberos before try SPNEGO authentication.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/