Re: deferred reads update

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:11:43 +0800

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> >I'd like to get opinions on the patch before I work on making delay
> >pools stuff work with this and I'd like opinions (especially Henrik)
> >on whether this could go into squid-2.6.
>
> If you ask me then yes provided it does make a benefit and can be
> reasonably verified before the release.

I'm happy to wait for Duane/Alex to discuss things.
The benefits won't be that noticeable until I finish delay pools
and then rework the existing poll code to not need to build
the pollfd set every time through the loop. That /should/ be
quite noticeable, even before kqueue/epoll is merged.

My exam timetable will keep me busy to the 15th. I'd appreciate
a little extra time to finish this and commit/test the resulting
code. I won't need that much time, but I can't spend any more
time on it until after my exams.

Adrian