Re: Summary of Squid-2.6 opinions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:40:11 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Duane Wessels wrote:

> Looking at the current wishlist for 2.6 I think it is too long and
> too ambitious. I would rather that people spend time on squid-3,
> but that is perhaps a selfish reason.

The 2.6 presented in the original "wishlist" in praktice already exists
and getting it together to a feature complete PRE release is not a big
effort.

Then there is some time required to polish off the remaining rough edges,
but should not be much. It's mostly the epoll branch which needs some
updates to match new select/poll requirements set out by the SSL fixes.