Problem with Follow X-Forwarded-For headers patch

From: <paulvmf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:16:39 -0500

Hello to everybody:

I would like to receive your help with a problem.

I have a Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Sarge server, with Squid 2.5 STABLE 10,
Dansguardian and iptables.

My server is acting as a transparent proxy and all the workstations in
the LAN are requesting Internet to Dansguardian and then Dansguardian
redirect the requests to Squid.

I had a problem with the acl's, because they didnīt work because of
Squid was receiving the requests from the IP of the server and not
from the workstations.

So, I read that there was a patch in the next link:
http://devel.squid-cache.org/follow_xff/

But, I would like to suggest you that if you would be so kind to
include that patch in the next version of Squid.

Also, I would like to know if there is a detailed procedure of how to
do it. Because I got the .deb's compiled by a person on the Internet
with the same problem.

Thanks a lot for your comments and suggestions.

Paul