Adding ICAP to Squid-3

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:53:20 -0700 (MST)

Some of you may know that Alex and myself have been working on adding
ICAP to Squid-3. We have been committing the code to a branch on
sourceforge, but we plan to bring the new code to squid-cache.org CVS soon.

Our plan is to put the ICAP source code into a src/ICAP subdirectory.
It will be compiled into a library.

There will also be a variety of changes to other parts of Squid that
we found were necessary to support ICAP. We have already committed
some of these changes to squid-cache.org CVS in advance, but a few
more, hopefully minor changes, will be coming as well.

Please let us know if you forsee any problems with this plan.

Duane W.