Re: Adding ICAP to Squid-3

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:43:05 +0100

Hi Duane,

At 18.53 11/11/2005, Duane Wessels wrote:

>Some of you may know that Alex and myself have been working on adding
>ICAP to Squid-3. We have been committing the code to a branch on
>sourceforge, but we plan to bring the new code to squid-cache.org CVS soon.
>
>Our plan is to put the ICAP source code into a src/ICAP subdirectory.
>It will be compiled into a library.
>
>There will also be a variety of changes to other parts of Squid that
>we found were necessary to support ICAP. We have already committed
>some of these changes to squid-cache.org CVS in advance, but a few
>more, hopefully minor changes, will be coming as well.
>
>Please let us know if you forsee any problems with this plan.

For me ICAP in Squid 3 is welcome.

Only a question: the build of new code was test on a 64 bit machine ?
Currently Squid 3 builds fine on 64 bit machines after a long period
of build errors, so I think that break again this is not desirable.
In the case that you need a 64 bit test machine, I can provide to you
the access on a Tru64 Alpha based system.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/