Re: perl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:40:15 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 abc@ai1.anchorage.mtaonline.net wrote:

> thank you for your reply.
> i would be happy to help and write what is required.
> i am very proficient with awk - but i do not know
> exactly what the perl scripts do - i don't know
> perl. if you could specify the I/O requirements
> of the scripts, and what files they operate upon,
> i would be happy to do the work.

The two scripts just derives some trivial parts of the code.

mk-globas-c.pl transfroms globals.h into a C file actually defining the
variables with the values taken from the comments.

I.e.

extern FILE *debug_log; /* NULL */

becomes

FILE *debug_log = NULL;

etc.

mk-string-arrays.pl creates arrays of strings from selected enum
definitions (the four listed at the beginning of the script).

i.e.

enum err_type {
         ERR_NONE,
         ERR_READ_TIMEOUT,