Re: WCCPv2 support

From: Jeremy Hall <jehall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:04:41 -0500

Hi,

Is this better? I've tried to clean up all the structs that are static
and reworked the here_i_am messages going out. The redirect assign
still hasn't been worked.

As for ftp, that's a little project over here on the same box as squid
and I don't know how to represent that service in the config, so I'm
just putting it in manually in the code. If you have suggestions on how
to modify this code to allow services to be configured, that'd be
awesome!!!

now the routers aren't complaining with this code, but it doesn't draw
any traffic yet, it happily pings i_see_you and here_i_am messages back
and forth and notices if it is in sync.

I'm not sure whether it is a good idea to wait until routers are
included (until we're 2waying with them, somebody understanding te
protocol better than I would have great comments I'm sure)

anyway see you

_J

fre 2006-03-10 klockan 11:33 -0500 skrev Jeremy Hall:
> Hello,
>
> I think I have implemented the cbdata stuff properly.
>
> This has the following problems:
>
> 1: does not send valid router or cache view components
>
> 2: redirect assignment is totally untested and showing bad service
id

Ok.

> 3: standard service for http rejected by the router for some reason

You also seem to have some mentioning of a ftp service in there. Why?
Squid can not transparently proxy ftp...

> so what does it do right?
>
> it can keep track of wccpv2 received ids :-)
>
> Your thoughts welcome. You'll want to find the hooks (part of the
patch) as this is only the wccpv2.c file.

You seem to attempt handling several WCCPv2 packets as static
structs..
this will be a bit difficult. It's better if you have one struct per
layer, using the unterminated array hack for the variable data fields.

then pack/unpack data to more manageable forms internally where
needed.