Re: strip query terms OnOff

From: <srnoam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:14:00 +0200

Quoting Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>:

> tor 2006-03-16 klockan 12:30 +0200 skrev srnoam@t2.technion.ac.il:
>
> > I am implementing am trying to implement caching of dynamic objects in my
> > network enviroment, I have used "strip query terms Off" & got to "see" the
> > whole "object" in the logs, however I couldn't get it to "swapout" & stay
> in
> > the cache, I only got it to "swapout" & then "released".
> > It seems there is a problem with the "?" in the object name.
> > I use 2.5 stable 7, is there a way to fix that?
>
> First make sure you have removed the no_cache lines blocking caching of
> query URLs,

Do you mean no_cache in the request/reply http headers?
I have my headers set by me, there is :
in reply header:
"last modified" and sometimes "expire" also in cache_control I set new type
"Dynamic" that I got squid to recognize (as CC_DYNAMIC) & treat as cachable
(that's when it's I get "swapin" & immidiate "release"), I also tried it with
cache_control "public" instead of my own dynamic, same result.
I have also tried caching a regular picture lets say "bunny.jpg" & it went fine,
when I copied it to "bunny.jpg?1" it also did the same thing ("swapout" &
release"), this file had the same header as the regular picture only diff is
the name (not dynamic).

> then make sure the objects have freshness information given by the
> server, or add it using refresh_pattern.
>
> Also check with the cacheability check engine that there isn't any
> additional header sent by your servers indicating the responses must not
> be cached.

I used your log file with "log_mime_header on" so I see the full headers & I
don't see anywere no_cache or anything like that.

Is it possible my server (APACHE) send a no_cache without it being revealed in
the log file?

I have searched for the answer for this problem for a long time (several weeks),
I thought I have done something to screw the source code, so I d/l a fresh src
& just changed the "strip query terms" to off, then tried a regular file like
described above, fot the same result.

thanks,
Noam