RE: WCCPv2 support

From: Steven Wilton <swilton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:35:27 +0800

I've just created the wccp2-s2_5 branch and uploaded a patch based on some
code that we've been using on our network for about 7 months now. The code
supports multiple routers, multiple caches and multiple services. It does
use a lot of structs to keep track of everything, which should allow
decoding of any WCCP2 packet received, and also allow extending to support
new features (ie MD5 authentication).

The code does have some big comments on ideas I've got for implementing
configuration options. We are happy using the static configuration at the
moment, which is why I've not implemented the configuration code.

The wccp2 code has also been rolled into the wccp.c file, but it should be
easy to separate into a separate file if necessary.

Please feel free to modify the version I've uploaded, or even replace it
with the code that has been circulated on this list.

One main difference between my code and other versions is that I have kept a
wccp packet in memory attatched to each service (and a couple of extra
values stored under each service for each router). This simplifies the
HERE_I_AM code to basically sending a copy of the stored packet. All the
verification code and any packet updating is done when it receives the
I_SEE_YOU packet (if required).

Steven