RE: WCCPv2 support

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:45:21 +0100

fre 2006-03-17 klockan 10:35 +0800 skrev Steven Wilton:
> I've just created the wccp2-s2_5 branch and uploaded a patch based on some
> code that we've been using on our network for about 7 months now. The code
> supports multiple routers, multiple caches and multiple services. It does
> use a lot of structs to keep track of everything, which should allow
> decoding of any WCCP2 packet received, and also allow extending to support
> new features (ie MD5 authentication).

Welcome back!

I thought you had gone missing permanently.

> The code does have some big comments on ideas I've got for implementing
> configuration options. We are happy using the static configuration at the
> moment, which is why I've not implemented the configuration code.

You mean these comments from the code?

 If anyone wanted to define a custom service, we would want the
following options

   wccp2_service number priority [flags] [ports]

[flags] should include:

   hash_source_ip - to use the source ip address to determine which
cache to send the packet to (can be used to make sure the same ip always
hits the same cache). This would override the default beahviour of using
the destination ip.

   defined_ports_source - to use the source port to determine whether a
packet will be redirected by WCCP (useful for catching reply packets if
the proxy server is forging the source ip address)

   proto_udp - to override the default protocol type of tcp

Anything else you remember being hardcoded for which it may make sense
to add a config option?

> The wccp2 code has also been rolled into the wccp.c file, but it should be
> easy to separate into a separate file if necessary.

Done. But does not yet build proper due to some bugs/WCCP dependencies..
will fix those shortly.