RE: ftp request problems with 2.5.Stable12

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:07:10 +0100 (CET)

>>one before the file name needs to be URL-encoded indicating a single
>>directory name with embedded / characters..
>
> Well, that does of course not work with the IE (replaces the %2F before
> sending), which is unfortunately our companies only allowed one.

Grr.. someone ought to take this up with the Microsoft support. / is a
reserved character in the URL specification and must not be tranformed
between escaped or unescaped form.. the meaning of %2f is not equal to /.

> Seems Squid is the only one caring for that. What about a possibility like
> with the underline containing domains? Meaning a config or compile time
> option to change the behaviour?

Maybe, but prefer automatic workarounds funneling the clients into using
proper URLs..

> I am already fighting without much success to keep Squid around here, but
> that might very well be the last nail to its coffin. In the next weeks
> over 50% of our Squids will be replaced, as direct result of the feature
> freeze which kept for example ICAP out of the main branch. You must
> understand that a feature freeze of over 2 years and a non existing date
> for 3.0 is a real killer. Just to clearify that,

We know all too well.

> I was originally hired to
> work solely on the Squid code, making it more stable/faster and feature
> complete. Because of the freeze I was not allowed to do anything for the
> community and I must say I am heavily frustrated.

Sorry to hear that. But we have tried our best to keep the development
open even with the Squid-2 feature freeze to avoid this.