Re: squid-2.5 related work

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:12:59 +0200

fre 2006-04-14 klockan 08:25 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2006, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
> > Should it be decided that Squid-2 is reopened then I would be more than
> > happy to candidate for the the role as Squid-2 release manager, and am
> > able to put at least as much work into this as I have done for the 2.5
> > releases in the last years.
>
> Awesome. Have you ever played with monotone? :)

Not yet. Still sufficiently happy with CVS, so I haven't been able to
motivate me to look to deeply into other VC systems.

Did look into arch and bazaar some year ago, and while it is quite
powerful, in practice I found it harder to use than the existing CVS
setups, and also very significantly slower when working with remote
repositories.

But being able to do temporarily disconnected versioned work without
having to worry about resyncing does feel tempting, so maybe it's time
to start looking for an alternative to CVS.