Re: wccp2 and squid reload semantics

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 06:08:00 +0200

tis 2006-04-18 klockan 10:49 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:

> What should the cache reload semantics be when Squid is reloaded?
> Should I just start sending the updated here_i_am messages and let
> the routers sort everything out? Or is there a better way to handle
> this?

It's probably possible to do it "smart", but it's sorted out
automatically pretty quickly so there is not much to gain from trying to
be smart, at least not compared to the complexity to get it correct..

I guess it would be possible without too much effort to keep an MD5
checksum or similar of the wccp2 config section, and only restart the
WCCP if there has actually been any relevant configuration changes..