Re: so what is involved in calling squid-3.0 'stable'?

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:08:16 -0600 (MDT)

> My own criteria: be able to deploy Squid3 with ESI as a reverse
> accelarator under real load without it falling over (I don't run Squid
> as a forward-cache at all).
>
> Can somebody point to a current "how to help with Squid3 development"
> document? E.g., I don't even know how to get a current checkout any
> longer (arch / bzr / cvs, whatever).

You can get daily tarball snapshots from
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/

If you would rather, you can also use CVS

         # export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.squid-cache.org:/squid
         # cvs login (anoncvs/anoncvs)
         # cvs checkout squid3

See also http://dokuwiki.squid-cache.org/dev/cvsinstructions

If you utilize CVS then you have to run 'bootstrap.sh' from the
top directory to create all the Makefile.in's. This gets a little
yucky because numerous and certain autotools packages are necessary.
Also you may have to run bootstrap.sh from time to time as you
develop, ie if you have a yet-uncommitted Makefile.am change.

DW