Re: SourceForge CVS online again, almost.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:56:53 +0200

mån 2006-05-15 klockan 14:38 -0400 skrev Tres Seaver:

> > Why are you getting the trunk from devel.squid-cache.org? If you want
> > the trunk then you should be using the main CVS repository..
>
> I found the CVS_ROOT from *somewhere* on the website. I've since
> checked out the sources using:
>
> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.squid-cache.org:/squid co \
> -d squid3-trunk squid3
>
> and now can't get any reply from 'cvs -q up -AdP' after running the
> bootstrap.

You don't need to bootstrap the cvs.squid-cache.org sources. Those are
already bootstrapped.

You only need to bootstrap when working with the
cvs.devel.squid-cache.org repository, or when applying patches (in which
case you probably should be working in a devel branch...)

but cvs update should work in both...

> OK, is there a bugzilla entry for it? I threw that in because I
> happened to notice the failure as 'make check' completed while I was
> composing the mail.

The test got borked some days ago in a restructuring of the code, making
the test code no longer compile. No easy way to resurrect the test have
been found yet.