Re: 2.6 beginning to take shape

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:37:57 +0200

tis 2006-05-16 klockan 11:22 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:
> Can you hang off merging the epoll+ssl stuff for a few days?
> I've got some improvements to the epoll code which I'd like to merge
> in soon.

No problem.

> What I'll do is merge in the squid-2.6 tree into my
> monotone branch and fix dependencies; which should almost make
> the head branch of my monotone repository look like the squid-2.6
> tree. You and I can then figure out what else can go in.
>
> Question: are you bringing the squid-2.5 head changes into squid-2.6?

Yes, as separate commits.

> My plan is to merge in the handful of changes you've made since the last
> squid-2.5 stable release before I attempt to merge across to squid-2.6.

Probably better for you to go directly to 2.6, and then merge forward.

Your CVS tree is at this point in 2.5:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/changesets/10313.patch

which maps to about here in 2.6

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/changesets/10316.patch

(add some, remove some..)

I have a net.cacheboy.squid.cvs.26 tree ready for you to transition
into. It has incremental changesets allowing you to move forward step by
step. You should be able to pull it from monotone.henriknordstrom.net.

I would recommend you to only merge to the initial revision on the 2.6
tree first 712c441b062b2ff608d456681e023fd3df3ca7fd as this touches
every file (CVS keywords, plus the one or two 2.6 changes which went in
before..), then move forward as you feel fit. Be warned that you will
most certainly encounter a bit of conflicts when you come to the patches
you already have in your tree. (i.e. customlog).