Re: Talking to an upstream ISA server that requires NTLM authentication.

From: Tsachi <tsachi.kimel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:11:14 +0300

Hi,
Well I have tried 2.5 stable 14 with the last pinning patch:
WWW works well.
Authenticating to an upstream ISA proxy failed, since the
HDR_PROXY_SUPPORT was missing in the replay header thus causing the
"peer_support_connection_pinning()" to return 0.

I did a changed to "peer_support_connection_pinning()"
I removed this condition:
if (!httpHeaderHas(hdr, HDR_PROXY_SUPPORT)
        return 0;

Instead I am returning 1, and not proceeding with the rest of the function.

return 1;

header = httpHeaderGetStrOrList(hdr, HDR_PROXY_SUPPORT);
   /* XXX This ought to be done in a case-insensitive manner */
rc = (strStr(header, "Session-Based-Authentication") != NULL);
stringClean(&header);

return rc;

Now it seems that NTLM proxy authenticates with the ISA server works fine.
Should there be any problems doing that?

Thanks in advanced,
Tsachi