Re: WCCPv2 issues

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:19:53 +0200

tis 2006-07-25 klockan 23:09 +0200 skrev Henrik Nordstrom:

> Turns out the router capability processing has never been tested

> See also
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200607/0450.html as
> there was some questionmarks while decoding the WCCP2_HERE_I_AM sent by
> Squid.
>
> May be other bugs as well in these WCCP2 exchanges. I don't quite get
> some of the IOS error messages, but maybe it's just incomplete data.

I think all pieces of the WCCP2 issue has now fallen into place, except
the questionmarks in the message referenced above. Awaiting testing of
the proposed patch before commit.

From what it looks the equipment he uses simply not compatible with
Squid at the moment as it seems it only supports mask based assignment,
and we only support hash based assignment.

Regarding the mask based assignments. I wonder how complex mask arrays a
typical equipment supports. In the specs is an unbounded array only
limited by the UDP packet size.

The mask specifications can build very powerful expressions, but also
harder to distribute among the farm members.