STL revisited

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:05:00 +1000

I'd like to raise the STL again as an option for squid3 rather than
NIH'ing a whole bunch of core infrastructure.

The STL, and boost:: - the STL's 'incoming pipeline' provides a tonne of
really useful tools for efficient data implementations of trees, hash's
etc etc etc.

Last time the big concern was over readable compiler errors.

I dont think that has improved hugely over the last 2 years, but I think
that its a net win - there is usually a clear reason for the error if
you read at the top, and the amount of code that we could delete, or
stop writing, is huge.

-Rob