Re: STL revisited

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 00:11:08 +0800

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006, Robert Collins wrote:
> I'd like to raise the STL again as an option for squid3 rather than
> NIH'ing a whole bunch of core infrastructure.

Its cool. The STL looks nice. The really trippy thing will be:

* will it affect performance?
* how much will it cut the current codebase down by?
* if they're at odds; which is more important?

And:

* can it wait for after -3? :)

My suggestion is to wait until -3 is released, then create an "STL" SF
branch and nut out the code to incorporate STL. We can then compare
codebase clarity, performance and portability.

Adrian