Re: Large files with Squid 2.5S14 and IE6

From: Tsachi <tsachi.kimel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:52:16 +0200

On 10/19/06, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> ons 2006-10-18 klockan 18:32 +0200 skrev Tsachi:
>
> > Is there a problem to download large file ( > 2 GB) from IE 6 while
> > the traffic is being intercepted by squid ?
> >
> > I know squid 2.5 was enhanced to support large files some time ago.
>
> Yes.. 2.5.STABLE9 I think. or maybe it was STABLE10.
>
> > When I am trying to download "Window Vista RC1" (2.52 GB) from
> > Microsoft I am getting this strange behavior:
> > 1.Clicking the link to download the file opens the save dialog box,
> > Choosing save and only 1KB of the file is been saved!?
>
> Sounds like some other problem. The >2GB problem usually gave other
> symptoms.

Yes seems like a different problem from the original 2GB problem.
In the old version I saw that "StoreEntryValidLength()" had
calculation issue (long var etc…).
This is not the case now.

> > 2. Sometimes clicking the link open a gibberish page (I guess the
> > ASCII content of the binary file)
> > 3. Right clicking the file and choosing "save target as…" saves the
> > all file but the dialog doesn't says its size!? (not always work
> > too:))
>
> What does access.log say, with "log_mime_hdrs on"?
Strange?! I enabled the log_mime_hdrs, but there is no entry in the
access.log for the failed download operation.
To be clear the access.log is working fine and I can see other entries
with the header information.
Might relate to the problem?

> Have you tried with another browser such as Firefox?
Both FireFox and Wget are working fine, and the large file is being
downloaded successfully.

Anything else that might help ?

Regards,
Tsachi