Re: Squid-dev subscription

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:15:29 -0600

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 21:53 +0200, Gernot Tenchio wrote:

> My name is Gernot. I'm a developer from Germany and I'm interested in getting
> the ICAP part of Squid to work. Currently I'm tried to get things working
> with Squid's 2.6er icap branch and with Squid3 as well. Both versions worked
> more or less for me, but I think it (c|sh)ould be improved.

Hi Gernot,

        Glad you are interested in ICAP. FWIW, quite a few ICAP bugs have been
recently fixed on squid3-icap branch of Squid CVS tree. You may want to
use that branch as a base for your work.

        Currently, I am not aware of any serious ICAP-specific bugs except for
OPTIONS response processing, but I am sure there are a few. If you know
of any ICAP problems, please post here or, better, submit a bug report.
I may be able to help.

        An avalanche of bug reports notwithstanding, I hope squid3-icap will be
ready for HEAD integration by the end of this week. My longer-term goal
is to make Squid3/ICAP stable for the Squid3 stable release.

HTH,

Alex.