Re: Hi there

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:44:25 +0100

mån 2006-11-20 klockan 14:53 +1100 skrev Alex North:
> Hi team squid,
>
> I'm an Australian developer working to integrate super-fast content
> filtering (viruses, malware and so on) directly into squid. I want to
> get as close to the wire as possible so we can afford deep content
> inspection and still have squid run as fast as it does.

Ok. There is several reasonable alternatives for doing this, depending
on how tightly integrated you want to be.

a) Go the Squid-3 path and implement the filtering using the client
streams API provided there.

b) Hook into Squid via ICAP. A bit more heavyweight, but also has the
benefit of being proxy vendor agnostic and easier to scale if the
filtering process as such is rather heavy or hard to fit into the
non-blocking scheme of Squid.

c) The old and somewhat unmaintained filter patches for Squid-2.x.