Upcoming Squid-2.6 work

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:09:27 +0800

Hi everyone,

I'm going to spend the next few weeks slowly bringing over the patches
I've written in my parserwork SF branch. I'll start with patches which
reduce pressure on the memory allocator and then move onto incorporating
the request line pand client-side parser changes I made to Squid-3 a few
weeks ago.

Let me know if you're able to review my work and possibly do some tests.
The individual patches won't themselves show any appreciable CPU drops
but testing I've done with Mark Nottingham shows quite an increase
in request rate for small cache hits - 1k responses went up from 6k req/sec
to ~9.3kreq/sec.

Adrian

--
- Xenion - http://www.xenion.com.au/ - Hosting and Commercial Squid Support -