Re: TCP_DENIED logging as part of HTTP authentication

From: Jeremy Hall <jehall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:48:58 -0500

oh I WHOLE_HEARTEDLY agree! the logs are filled with duplicate requests
because of this

_J

>>> Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> 12/12/06 11:22 PM >>>
Hiya,

I've had a few customers ask me why there's "TCP_DENIED"s in the
logfiles and I've
tried to explain that its part of the NT authentication process.

What would be nice is if we could log a bunch of different TCP_DENIEDs,
covering
for example:

* "no supplied credentials"
* "in the middle of the Digest negotiation"
* "supplied credentials were actually bad"
* "denied with no chance of authenticating"

Thoughts?

Adrian