Re: proposal: change installed default squid.conf to fit best practice.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 07:59:06 +0800

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007, Jeff Tharp wrote:
> Folks,
> As a user whose done his share of wading through the well-commented
> default squid.conf, I would definitely appreciate it if there was a
> minimal squid.conf (maybe sans comments, for sake of brevity) with the
> fully commented squid.conf available as well for reference purposes.

Well, what would be nice is a series of small example configurations which
people could then use as guidelines to configure Squid. Noone in the community
seems to have bitten - there's one contributed configuration and three from
me.

Do you/anyone else have any ideas on how to spur further interest in people?

> Speaking of the conf file, I have often wondered if it would be possible
> to allow for additional conf files to be included, ala Apache's Include
> directive (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#include).
> This would be handy for those of us who use Squid as a reverse proxy
> server--configuration related to specific site, such as ACLs and so
> forth could be broken out in per-site files for easier maintenance and
> thus reduce chances that a core configuration bit would be changed by
> mistake.

Yah ok, I'll look at adding recursive include's into 2.6/3.0 .

Adrian