Re: proposal: change installed default squid.conf to fit best practice.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:06:11 +0800

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 07:59 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> >
> > Yah ok, I'll look at adding recursive include's into 2.6/3.0 .
>
> IIRC theres a branch already on devel.squid-cache.org. If not then its
> probably in my old tla collection on squid-cache.org/~robertc. From
> memory it works, but we didn't merge it because the generic preprocessor
> approach Henrik implemented made it fairly redundant.

Its not 'as obvious' to people who just want to be able to include
some files in a simple manner. I like the preprocessor version but, like
a lot of things, I think its relatively poorly documented and not
well-known.

I'll see what it'd take to merge the 3.0 include stuff into 2.6 (if,
of course, it hasn't been done yet!) and then writing an example or
two showing how to use it.

Adrian