Re: harmless options should default to on ?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:30:59 +0800

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007, Robert Collins wrote:
> I just noticed that the follow-xff feature defaults off.
>
> I think we should turn *on* features that dont add extra processing to
> the default pipeline[we have a number :)] - this would make it easier
> for distros, and wouldn't impact anything except the default executable
> size.

Like which? There's a few obvious candidates that I'd really, really
like to see on by default - like delay pools - but I don't know of any
which have no extra processing overhead.

(well, processing overhead compared to how inefficient stuff is atm, sure,
but thats changing..)

Heck, I've looked at the Vary processing overhead and -that- seems to
be reasonably appreciable on the Wikimedia Squid I've got oprofile running
on. Bit scary, that.

Adrian