Re: Torrent web cache.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:49:57 +0800

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007, Mat Hounsell wrote:
> I think I have an idea y'all might like.

> What is more, it would be simple and efficient to deploy many beige box torrent caches.
>
> I am not familiar enough with the torrent protocol, squid, or to be honest server programming to start this by myself.

I should've replied publicly. :)

Its what I'm trying to achieve by first fixing up the Squid internals. My aim is
to have the Squid internals up to scratch to handle the large, sparse p2p type
content with all the QoS/ACL magic Squid already provides. I'd also like to
build in caching hierarchies to allow people to peer proxies in groups
to share p2p content, rather than trying to peer lots of little files.

Join #squiddev on freenode and talk to us about it sometime.
(And let me know which city in Australia you're in; i'm in Perth.)

Adrian