Re: Squid3 BodyReader changes

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:22:13 +0200

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-02-17 at 19:00 +0200, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
>
>> Still exist problems in preview transaction between icap server and
>> squid. There are cases in which the squid-icap does not send the "0;
>> ieof" sequence if all the http response body fits in the preview data
>> but sends the 0\r\n\r\n. After that gets the "100 continue" icap
>> response but it stops the icap transaction becouse it fails in
>> ICAPModXact::handle100Continue function in the Must exception:
>> Must(state.writing == State::writingPaused);
>> The state.writing here is equal to State::writingPreview
>>

> According to your trace, Squid actually sent two last-chunks for the
> Preview, but it is probably the same bug.

Actually what I am seeing using wireshark is the:
0\r\n\r\n (squid client)
ICAP/1.0 100 Continue (icap server responce)
0\r\n\r\n (squid client)

So yes I believe it is the same bug, but I thing the problem begins
because the state.writing is not updated correctly ...

> BTW, do you use manual testing for this or do you have an automated
> collection of test cases?

I am using manual testing. Sometimes I am modifying my icap server to
simulate cases.
I think it will be good if I spend some time to write some test cases
using perl....

Regards,
       Christos