Re: locked out by partial cvsmerge

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:15:07 +0100

ons 2007-02-28 klockan 13:01 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:

> I'm not sure to be honest; but do you think it'd be a good idea just to shift this
> development tree stuff back to a seperate repository or server over at TMF?
> It sounds like it'll be less of a headache now.

The main reason why SF is used for this repository is security. The
developer CVS repository is a scratchpad, and anyone who likes is given
write access there if they want.

  - Separate server from the main repository.
  - Server not our maintenance problem.
  - Fully automated developer registration.
  - CVS is used because of legacy reasons only (i.e. the merge scripts
written for CVS many years ago)

But nothing says we must use the SF services, or even CVS. It would be
quite nice if we would set up a public Bzr repository for example, or
why not subversion as well. Account maintenance greatly simplified in
both as no system account is needed.