RE: squid3 comments

From: <swilton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 08:39:37 +0800 (WST)

> fre 2007-03-02 klockan 10:02 +0900 skrev Steven Wilton:
>
>> I know this is a minor problem, but I had problems getting the squid3
>> bootstrap.sh script to run, so I couldn't test the patch. I'm pretty
>> sure
>> it's got something to do with the version of automake and autoconf on my
>> system, but I couldn't find a reference to which versions I needed for
>> squid3.
>
> Anything reasonably recent (released in the last 3 years) should work..
>
> automake
> autoconf
> libtool
>
> However, many multiversion installations of the tools is a bit confused
> and aclocal does not find the libtool files.. I don't know how it's
> supposed to work, but there is a very simple workaround making
> everything work sanely
>
> add the path
> /usr/local/share/aclocal
> to the dirlist of the version specific directory
> /usr/local/share/aclocal<version>/dirlist
>
> There is a open bug report on this to have it fixed in the aclocal, but
> who knows when the autotool authors will figure out how this is supposed
> to work...
>

> If you find versions in the bootstrap.sh script not working, please post
> the version and error seen.

When I try bootstrapping squid3 at the moment, I get the following output:
WARNING: Cannot find automake version 1.9 1.7 1.6 1.5
Trying automake (GNU automake) 1.10
WARNING: Cannot find autoconf version 2.59 2.57 2.53 2.52
Trying autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
automake :
autoconfg:
libtool :
Bootstrapping
helpers/basic_auth/Makefile.am:6: required directory
helpers/basic_auth/POP3 does not exist
configure.in:3297: required file `helpers/basic_auth/POP3/Makefile.in' not
found
automake failed
Autotool bootstrapping failed. You will need to investigate and correct
before you can develop on this source tree

It looks like removing the references to POP3 from Makefile.am and
configure.in fixes the problem. (I did remove all other versions of
automake from my system before running this, which could have been my
problem before).

Am I missing the POP3 directory from my tree, or does a patch need to be
committed removing the references to the POP3 directory from these 2
files?

Steven