RE: squid3 comments

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:04:32 +0100

fre 2007-03-02 klockan 10:02 +0900 skrev Steven Wilton:

> I know this is a minor problem, but I had problems getting the squid3
> bootstrap.sh script to run, so I couldn't test the patch. I'm pretty sure
> it's got something to do with the version of automake and autoconf on my
> system, but I couldn't find a reference to which versions I needed for
> squid3.

Anything reasonably recent (released in the last 3 years) should work..

automake
autoconf
libtool

However, many multiversion installations of the tools is a bit confused
and aclocal does not find the libtool files.. I don't know how it's
supposed to work, but there is a very simple workaround making
everything work sanely

add the path
/usr/local/share/aclocal
to the dirlist of the version specific directory
/usr/local/share/aclocal<version>/dirlist

There is a open bug report on this to have it fixed in the aclocal, but
who knows when the autotool authors will figure out how this is supposed
to work...

If you find versions in the bootstrap.sh script not working, please post
the version and error seen.