Re: A few patches

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 01:37:02 +0100

tis 2007-03-13 klockan 14:50 +0900 skrev Steven:

> The third patch (transparent-pipeline.patch) is designed to allow squid to
> handle non-http traffic. If a request can not be decoded by squid, and it
> was a transparently intercepted requets, it will be transformed to a
> CONNECT request to the server that the client was trying to contact, and
> all data will be passed to/from the server untouched by squid. (I have a
> second copy of this patch that has been tested, and I can confirm that it
> works when patched against squid 2.6.10. The attached patch was created
> against the CVS tree of 2.6, and does need testing).

Cool. Incidentally in principle this is also what's needed for
transparent interception of non-HTTP ports (i.e. 443), even if those is
best done with a new tunnel_port directive..

This must be configurable. It's not acceptable to have Squid tunnel junk
unless the administrator allowed it, not even in transparent
interception mode.